Do-It-Yourself: Bathtub Shower Doors
- How To Choose
- How To Videos
- DIY Project
- Specifications & Install
- Articles & Tips
- Care & Cleaning
Glass & Metal
The use of cleansers or abrasives is not recommended for STERLING® glass doors treated with CleanCoat. Simply wipe down CleanCoat doors regularly with a soft cloth and water to keep the glass looking clean.
IMPORTANT: Any care and cleaning recommendations on this page that call for cleansers apply only to glass doors NOT treated with CleanCoat.
How To Care For Your Bath & Shower Doors
- After each shower use a squeegee to eliminate water spots on the inside of the glass panels.
- For glass surfaces, use a quality glass cleaner and a clean cloth to clean the mirror surface. Carefully follow the glass cleaner manufacturer's instructions.
- Occasionally wipe the doors with a mild detergent diluted in water to keep the glass panels and anodized aluminum parts looking new.
- Never use bristle brushes, abrasive sponges, scouring powder or sharp instruments on metalwork or glass panels. They will scratch some metal and glass surfaces.
- For metal surfaces, never use abrasive cleansers or cleaners containing ammonia, bleach, acids, waxes, alcohol or solvents as they may damage the finish. Use of harsh cleaning agents may void Sterling's warranty obligations.
- Do not let cleaners sit or soak on surfaces.
- To avoid soap deposits or lime buildup in hard water areas, make a point to wipe the door dry after each use.
- Rinse and wipe fixtures after cleaning to prevent soap buildup.
Products To Consider
- Green Works All-Purpose
- Green Works Glass Cleaner
- Mr. Clean with Febreze Freshness Antibacterial Spray
- Nature's Source Glass Cleaner (Windex)
- Windex Original
Keep shower doors ajar and enclosures open so that air can circulate to reduce mildew growth.
General Care & Cleaning
For best results, keep the following in mind when caring for your STERLING product:
- Test First - Always test your cleaning solution on an inconspicuous area before applying to the entire surface.
- Wipe Clean - Wipe surfaces clean and rinse completely with water immediately after applying cleaner. Rinse and dry any overspray that lands on nearby surfaces.
- Don't Let Cleaners Soak - Do not allow cleaners to sit or soak.
- Avoid Abrasive Materials - Use a soft, dampened sponge or cloth. Never use an abrasive material such as a brush or scouring pad to clean surfaces.
Call the Sterling Customer Care Center at
Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM (CST)
Monday - Friday
Email Sterling at sterlingfeedback@
Requests will be answered within two business days.
Write to Sterling at
444 Highland Drive
Kohler, WI 53044